Monday, July 1, 2013

She's so dead to us by Kieran Scott

Source of book: library Pages: 278 pages Publisher: Simon and schuster books for young readers Stars: 3 1/2 out of 5 Perfect, picturesque Orchard Hill. It was the last thing Ally Ryan saw in the rearview mirror as her mother drove them out of town and away from the shame of the scandal her father caused when his hedge fund went south and practically bankrupted all their friends. Friends that liked having trust funds and new cars and friends that didn’t like constant reminders they had been swindled. So it was adios, Orchard Hill. Thanks for nothing. Now two years later, Ally’s mother has landed a job back in the site of their downfall. Despite Ally’s new low key, happy life, it’ll be back into the snake pit with the likes of Chloe Appleby and Hammond Ross. But then there’s Jake Graydon. Handsome, wealthy, bored Jake Graydon. He moved to town after Ally left and knows nothing of her scandal, but does know that he likes her. And she likes him. So off into the sunset they can go, right? Too bad Jake’s friends have a problem with his new crush since it would mean he could make Ally Ryan happy. And if anyone deserves to be unhappy it’s her. Ally was hoping to have left all the drama in the past but some things just can’t be forgotten. Aren’t there more important things than money? ********************************************************************************************************************************************* This book is told in the POV of Ally and Jake. I thought this book was pretty good, it had a gossipgirl vibe to it, and was a great beach read. However, I got annoyed of how naive Ally was at times, and she should have been more aggressive rather than passive. Jake annoyed me, but he was bearable. The book is mostly about how everyone hates Ally because her father did something with their money and screwed them all up. It didn't really go into detail about what happened, and I really hope that it is explained more in He is so not worth it, the next book in the trilogy. My favorite characters were Annie because I felt she was funny and interesting. However, it got annoying when Ally tries to become friends with the people who hate her. I was mad a Chloe too because apparently if they were best friends before, why wouldn't you try to make up? And the reason why she was made at Ally was stupid. She got upset because Ally kissed her boyfriend all the way back in the ninth grade... and the Idiot twins got on my nerves. Ok, Kieran Scott, I get that because they are branded the idiot twins that they are in fact, idiots, but she didn't have to make them so annoyingly stupid that it got on my nerves. The ending got me mad too, but I dont want to spoil it. The way she is so forgiving is aggravating too, and it aggravated me a little too much. Hopefully she grows a pair in the next book, or I will be royally pissed. Im out, Maggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!