Thursday, September 11, 2014

Now and Forever by Susane Colasanti

What if your boyfriend was the world's biggest rockstar? Sterling is crazy in love with Ethan. Not only is he the sweetest boy she's ever met, but he's an incredibly talented guitarist, singer, and songwriter. And since forever, he's believed he has what it takes to be a star. When Ethan becomes an overnight sensation, he's thrown head-first into the glam world of celebrity-and so is Sterling. Before she knows it, she's attending red-carpet premieres, getting free designer clothes, and flying around the country to attend Ethan's monumental sold-out concerts. It's a dream come true...but whose dream is Sterling living? And what do you do when "forever" comes to an end? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________ Dating a rockstar sounds amazing right? Wrong. Sterling was ignored by Ethan who was just a straight up pig. I honestly don't get why she stayed with him. The entire time I was yelling at her in my head to step away and run. The first clue to run should have been when they were out to dinner one night and he ordered a mushroom burger because his trainer wanted him to "stay fit". I would have fled right there. Throughout the entire book it shows how Ethan changed, I guess? But I think that he was always that way and him becoming famous was just the tipping point to show his true colors. He completely ignores Sterling and disregards her dreams of becoming a chef and making videos for cooking on youtube when she was completely supportive of his dreams since forever. When she tells Ethan that she is thinking of making a video diary he thinks it is for him and then when she explains he calls it stupid. Honestly, why didn't she run there? That is what got me pissed at this book. Here she is, a girl who is living an amazing life. She has a rockstar boyfriend and gets all of the designer clothes but she is not happy. All the girls pretend like they know her boyfriend better than she does and ignore her existence. And so does Ethan! He completely and totally ignores Sterling. I get that he is famous and you get awesome clothes but I would have left immediately. And I guess it is no surprise that Sterling starts to talk a lot to Damian who works on the concert sets. But I really didn't like him either. Yeah, he was there for her and all, more than Ethan was, but still... He's about twenty and works as a groupie basically for different bands... I was glad When she didn't agree for Damian to come with her to college. I mean, that was way too fast! He was all, There's a concert center where you are, I could work there and finally settle down in one place instead of moving all over the place... You can finally be my anchor, Sterling. Ok. Well maybe it didn't entirely go like that. But it was close. And I can't believe that out of all the crap that Ethan did to Sterling that it took him sleeping with another girl to break up. I mean, where is her self respect! I would have left him sooner. And thank god she didn't take him back at the end. I would have died if she did. Oh, and her friend was such a b@#$%! I get that they were friends and all but if my friend ditched me for people who were mean to her just because they "Showed her attention" I would have been all like ok. Buh-by now. Her friend was jealous of Sterling I guess but I would have thought her friends to be more supportive... And I guess she was mad at Sterling ditching her for Ethan but when she asked for those autographs for the people who were so mean to her and Sterling I would have stopped being her friend. Sterling had little back bone and she only found it when it was about to break. And her friend also had a weird plant obsession and so did Sterling a little bit. I mean , there was a plant funeral in the book which was just plain bizarre. Ok. Well sorry for this little rant. I give this book 2 1/2 running shoes out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!